Aged Parent Visa

Parents living abroad are able to reunite with their children in Australia under the Aged Parent Visa. The key difference between the Parent Visa and the Aged Parent Visa is age requirement. To apply for an Aged Parent Visa, you must be old enough to be granted the Australian Age pension. Male applicants need to be 65 years of age, while female applicants must be 63 – 65 years of age (depending on your date of birth).

The child sponsoring you must be an Australian citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen.

You must be in Australia when you make your application (onshore), and you must be in Australian when the visa is granted.

Basic Requirements

  • must be sponsored by your children who are living in Australia
  • your child must be an Australian citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen
  • must meet health and character requirements
  • must meet the age requirements

You must also pass the balance of family test, which demonstrates that half of your children are legally living in Australia.

Once your Aged Parent Visa has been granted, you will become an Australian Permanent Resident, which means you can work, live and study in Australia permanently. You will also be able to access Government-Subsidised healthcare (Medicare), some social security benefits and apply for Australian Citizenship.

If you are granted a Contributory Parent Visa, you will be granted temporary residence in Australia.

What to do next

What to do next...

Step One

30-60 Minute Phone Consultation

Book a consultation with one of our migration consultants

  • 30 minute consultation AU$99
  • 60 minute consultation AU$179


After the phone consultation, you can decide on the next step.

Step Two Options:

1. Complete the application by yourself

After speaking with a migration consultant, you can opt to make your visa application. You can always book another phone consultation with us to help clarify any questions that might arise while you are preparing your visa application.


2. Appoint migrationxyz to manage everything for you

Appointing one of our registered migration consultants to manage your visa application can help relieve some time and stress. Our consultants will ensure that everything is correctly prepared before submitting it to the Government on your behalf.

Learn More

+ Plus

Government Fees & Processing Times

Application Fee Subclass 804: AU$4035
Subclass 864/884: AU$3855
Partner Application Fee Subclass 804: AU$2020
Subclass 864/884: AU$1925
Dependents Application fee Subclass 804:
18 years or older AU$1975
Under 18 years AU$1270

Subclass 964:
18 years or older AU$1925
Under 18 years AU$965
Second Instalment Varies depending on Parent Visa subclass
Aged Parent Visa, Subclass 804: AU$2065 per person
Contributory Aged Parent Visa, Subclass 864: AU$43,600 per person
Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) Visa, Subclass 884: AU$29,130 per person

Please note that the quoted processing time below does NOT include Subclass 804 which is a non-contributory category and therefore is subject to a longer waiting period of at least 10-15 years.
Processing Times 12 to 36 months

*All Government fees and processing times are obtained from government sources and are not included in our service fee.

Applying can be a long & expensive process.
We can help you get it right the first time, saving you time & money.

Book PC

Peace of mind
from $99*

Book a consultation

Please Note:

We are not part of the Australian government. We are a private company and we do not have the authority to grant you a Visa of any kind. We can only assist and advise people who want to travel to or migrate to Australia. The final decision on all visa applications rests with the appropriate government authority in Australia.